Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
The Canadian Polar Commission's mandate requires it to:
- monitor polar knowledge in Canada and around the world;
- work with Canadian and international institutions to determine scientific and other priorities;
- encourage support for Canadian polar research;
- communicate polar research information to Canadians; and
- foster international co-operation in the advancement of polar knowledge
- Date modified: